Digital Disruption, Emerging Technologies to Drive Retail Revenue in 2015
Certona forecasts 2015 retail technology trends, heightening importance of personalized experiences for competitive differentiation
San Diego, CA – October 30, 2014 – Innovating the customer experience to adapt to shifting consumer preferences and emerging technology capabilities will be top of mind for leading retail brands in 2015, predicts Certona.
“The retail industry is at a tipping point, as customer experience claims a greater influence over retail conversion than any other business process or output,” said Meyar Sheik, CEO at Certona. “However, improving and personalizing the customer experience requires the right mix of new technologies, processes and strategies designed to address the changing hierarchy of consumer demands and needs.”
According to Gartner research, “in many industries, hyper-competition has eroded traditional product and service advantages, making customer experience the new competitive battlefield. Competitors and alternatives abound and product innovation is subject to accelerating commoditization. Customer experience innovation remains the secret to lasting brand loyalty.”
With the increasing power of the consumer and resulting disruption of traditional business operations, Certona predicts the following changes across the retail industry in 2015:
- E-commerce, M-commerce and in-store commerce will evolve closer into simply commerce. The battles between brick-and-mortar stores and digital channels such as Web and mobile will abate, and instead, each channel will be designed to direct the customer down the most likely path to conversion.
- Access to APIs will pave the way to more personalized consumer experiences: Merchants will actively pursue open APIs to develop more predictive apps that allow sharing of information and leveraging new functionality in real time to better personalize the user experience.
- Discounts will be in high demand by customers, threatening retail margins. Retailers will be forced to offer discounts and free shipping to meet consumers’ demands during the peak shopping season. However, retailers will also have the opportunity to make up the gap in revenue with personalized offers and recommendations. Ultimately, this will allow brands to deliver in-demand discounts, while recovering margins through recommended add-ons.
- Customer data will claim its position as a company’s DNA. Businesses with data-centric cultures will thrive, while companies that ignore the discipline of data science will lose to competition.
- Mobile device makers revamp hardware and software strategies to specifically cater to mobile commerce. In response to consumer demand for streamlined commerce, device makers will make strategic decisions based on improving geotargeting, integrating payment technology, user authentication, messaging and inter-app communication.
Certona is the leader in real-time omnichannel personalization for the world’s largest brands including Charlotte Russe, GameStop and Steve Madden. To learn more about the company's personalization capabilities, request a consultation here.
Certona Launches Industry’s First Predictive Cloud for Digital Marketers and Retailers
Access to real-time predictive analytics ecosystem enables new, hyper-personalized omnichannel applications
SAN DIEGO, CA – September 30, 2014— Certona, the leader in real-time omnichannel personalization for the world’s largest brands and retailers, today introduced the Certona® Predictive Cloud™ to empower brands, technology providers, digital agencies and system integrators to create the next generation of highly personalized apps and services with full access to Certona’s open infrastructure.
Application developers, digital marketers and retailers can now unleash and democratize their disparate data and shopper information by tapping into Certona’s predictive analytics capabilities and APIs.
Certona Delivers Competitive Advantage with Real-Time Personalization through hybris Extend
Integration enables highly individualized customer experiences that drive sales for B2B and B2C retailers
San Diego, CA – June 5, 2014 — Certona, the leader in real-time omnichannel personalization for the world’s largest brands and retailers, today announced a new integration with hybris software, an SAP company and the world’s fastest growing commerce platform provider. By combining real-time context with unmatched customer profiling and dynamic merchandising, Certona empowers hybris customers to deliver personalized omnichannel experiences built on robust predictive analytics.
Certona’s 1:1 real-time personalization platform extends the capabilities of the hybris commerce platform to provide increased customer engagement, conversion and average order value and drive customer loyalty and lifetime value, while automating and optimizing merchandising and experience management.
Specifically, Certona’s patented technology allows business to:
- Enhance customer experiences through continuous customer profiling in real-time
- Expand product discovery through the seamless extension of personalized content across channels - web, mobile, email, contact center, and in-store
- Simplify replenishment and product replacement, and reduce manual merchandising
Steve Madden Selects Certona to Personalize Shoppers’ Experience
San Diego, CA – July 15, 2014— Certona, the leader in real-time omnichannel personalization for the world’s largest brands and retailers, today announced that it was selected by Steve Madden (NASDAQ:SHOO), a leading designer and marketer of fashion footwear and accessories for women, men and children, to deliver integrated, hyper-personalized experiences to its customers as they browse, share and purchase their favorite footwear and accessories.
Through Certona’s patented technology, Steve Madden can identify new and specific customer segments, and then strategically target content by segment. As shoppers navigate Steve Madden’s interactive, digital ecosystem, they receive targeted content and product recommendations that most appeal to their individual tastes.
Certona LINK Cartridge for Demandware Commerce Fuels 29 Percent Increase in Average Order Value for Global Brands
Solution equips businesses with real-time consumer profiling and predictive personalization, resulting in direct revenue growth
San Diego, CA – June 3, 2014— Certona, the leader in real-time omnichannel personalization for the world’s largest brands and retailers, today unveiled statistics on the significant growth their integration with Demandware is driving for global brands in customer conversion and revenue.
Certona, a Demandware LINK Technology Partner since 2010, enables individualized and real-time consumer profiling and the predictive display of personalized product recommendations and content to be seamlessly integrated into a Demandware digital commerce site. In 2013, joint retail clients of the integration achieved, on average, a 162 percent increase in conversion, a 29 percent increase in average order value (AOV) and a 48 percent increase in items per order – ultimately achieving a 6.7 percent incremental lift in online revenue. Certona’s proven experience on the Demandware Commerce platform is extended over 145 sites and across 47 countries. Mutual clients include: New Balance, Crocs and Elie Tahari.
“The Demandware community of clients, employees and partners continues to grow and innovate within the retail industry,” said Tom Griffin, SVP, Corporate Development of Demandware. “The ROI of the Certona integration is a testament to the innovation within this community, as well as to the value of personalized user experiences for business growth.”
- Certona Increases Average Order Value by 50 Percent with 1:1 Engagement and Predictive Personalization
- Certona Predicts Consumer Behavior with Patented Technology
- Certona to Educate on Omnichannel Personalization at eTail West 2014 Conference
- Certona to Showcase Omnichannel Personalisation Strategies for Driving Consistent Customer Experiences at eTail Europe 2013